Skip Navigation

유틸리티 메뉴

  • Home
  • Korean
  • Sitemap
  • Contact Us

Contact Us

Contact Us Close
Admissions Information

Mr. Jinsung Son (Graduate Office)

- Tel : (+82)051-629-5194
- Fax : (+82)051-629-5195
- Email :

International Affairs Information

Mr. Wonzoo Park ( Coordinator, Office of International Relations )

- Tel : (+82)051-629-6907
- Fax : (+82)051-629-6910
- Email :

Touching Tommorow a Pukyong Natioanl University

Visa & Alien Registration

The following information is to help students apply for various documents and services related to staying in Korea legally.

Visa Issuance

If you are accepted for study at PKNU, you need to apply for a student visa (D-2).According to Korean ImmigrationLaw, citizens of countries other than Korea must have a student visa.

In order to get your student visa (D-2), you have to submit the documents required by the embassy, such as the Certificate of Admission from PKNU and a certified financial sponsorship letter, etc. You are advised to check the required papers with the Korean embassy or consulate in your area first. Since the time taken to process a visa application varies from country to country, please give yourself plenty of time and attend to this as soon as possible.

More information about the visa can be obtained from:

Certificate of Alien of Registration

If you have a general student visa (D-2), you should register your stay and get a permit at the Immigration Office within 90 days of your arrival in Korea. Please note that the procedure for alien registration will take at least three weeks.

Required Documents
  • Passport
  • Application Form (obtained at the Immigration Office)
  • Certificate of Studentship (can be obtained at Student Service Center)
  • 1 color photos (3 x 4cm)
  • Fee (30,000 won)
  • Medical examination certificate(from community health center)

Permission to Extend Period of Stay

In some cases, it is necessary for you to apply for and obtain an extension of period of stay beyond your authorized period of stay listed on the Certificate of Alien Registration.

Required Documents
  • Passport
  • Application Form (obtained at the Immigration Office)
  • Certificate of Studentship and transcript (can be obtained at Student Service Center)
  • Certificate of Alien Registration
  • Fee (60,000 won)

Permission to Engage in Activities Other Than Those Permitted by their Status

When you desire to engage in activities other than those permitted under you present status of sojourn, you must apply for and obtain permission to do so in advance. For example, this is required when a Ph.D. student desires to teach regular classes at the University.

Required Documents
  • Application Form (Obtained at the Immigration Office)
  • Passport
  • Foreign Registration Card
  • Recommendation for part-time job(Obtained at the Office of International Affiars, PKNU)

Visa Classification

Classification Status of Sojourn
C-3 Short-term Visitors
D-2 Students
D-4 General Trainees
E-1 Professors
E-2 Teaching Foreign Languages
E-3 Research
F-1 Visiting and Joining Families
F-3 Residence

Busan Immigration Office

Contact the Busan Immigration Office (Tel. : 1345) for details.
Immigration Office Address: Korean Air bldg 2nd floor #77-1 Jungang-Dong Jung-Gu Busan

How to come
  • By Bus :
    Take a bus # 103, 66, 27, 26, 41, 17, 88-1A, 81, 40 or 508 and get off the bus at the stop of Young Ju Dong Station.
  • By Subway:
    Get off the subway at Busan subway station on Line no.1(Orange) and It takes roughly 15 minutes from Exit no.14 to Busan Immigration office on foot.


  • 폰트 크기 : 12
  • 글꼴 크게
  • 글꼴 작게
  • 글꼴 원래크기로
  • 페이지 처음으로