#C12 Building, Center for Research Facilities, Daeyeon Campus
The Center for Research Facilities was established in 1998 for the purpose of contributing to improvements in the nation's technology and technology specialization sectors and to enhance university competitiveness. So far, the center has introduced many high-value analytic and measuring tools. Because of this, the center is directly associated with the use and management of a large amount of high-value critical study equipment and educational laboratory facilities. Additionally, the Center for Research Facilities oversees the department of educational equipment and materials through methods of managerial self sufficiency designed to help reduce budgets, increase applicability, further efforts to support national research, support testing in various industries and laboratories, and to enhance education on the utilization of equipment. The Center for Research Facilities strives to be a leading force as the nation's best support institution for a broad range of testing tasks and is making every effort to continuously be a more effective and productive center for research facilities through ongoing communication with all segments of the industry.
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory
- Confirmation of organic compounds structure
- Confirmation of molecular weight
- Analysis of environmental samples (water, waste, soil)
- Identification of impurities and by-products
- Trace analysis
- Analysis of total organic carbon
- Magnetic property measurement
- Qualitative & quantitative analysis of inorganic ion
Laboratory of Electron Microscopy
- Microcellular observation of biological samples
- Microstructure analysis of samples
- Diffraction pattern analysis of crystallized materials
- Morphology and size of powder samples
- Microstructure analysis of polymer
- Quantity and quality analysis of samples by EDS/WDS
- ross-section measurement of samples
- Investigation of micro-surface structure, morphology and size of medical, biological samples
- C.L measurement
Chemical Structure Analysis Laboratory
- Qualitative/quantitative analysis of organic compounds
- Structural analysis of natural and chemical compound.
- Analysis of transition metals and free radical
- Analysis of molecular structure
ICP/MS, ICP, AAs Laboratory
- Analysis of trace heavy metals in liquid samples.
- Elemental analysis for quality control.
- Soil, food, drinking water, industrial waste water contains trace amounts of heavy metals analysis.
- Biological, Geological, Environmental, Industrial, Semiconductor Industry etc.
- XPS Laboratory
- Analysis of the composition of organic, inorganic thin film samples.
- Thin film sample of quantitative analysis.
- Elemental chemistry combined status information.
VOCs(Volatile Organic compounds)/Smell analysis Laboratory
- Identification of causing smell compounds with sampling on site
- Testing of removal performance in odor and VOCs
- Identification of changing history of target compounds from an reactor
- Testing performance of air cleaner or odor cleaner etc.
- Identification and quantification of ppt level VOCs and Odor in indoor and atmosphere air.
- Analysis by test method US EPA TO 14 and TO 17
- Identification and quantification of unknown major ppt level of VOCs and Odor.
- Air bag cleaning service, Sensory test of air.
- Lending silica coated Canister(3L, 6L, 15L)
- User training program(Special occasion, Basic and Periodical training)
Themal analysis Laboratory
- The measurement of the glass transition temperature(Tg) and crystallization temperature, melting point(Tm) and specific heat etc.
- The measurement of pyrolysis temperature, moisture in the sample and the amount of volatile components.
- The measurement of the heat of fusion and heat of crystallization of inorganic materials and metals.
- The measurement of the coefficient of thermal expansion, softening point and modules(E',E'').
- The measurement of the particle size distribution and the average particle size.
- The measurement of the particle size and zeta potential of ultra-fine particles such as colloidal dispersion.
- The measurement of surface area of porous materials such as carbon, zeolite, silica.
- Bio Chemical Analysis Laboratory
- Bio Chemical Analysis Laboratory
- Isolation & purification of functional substance
- X-ray Analysis Laboratory
- Crystalline and composition analysis for various nonorganic material
- Image analysis for material surface
- Optical microscope analysis
- Training for XRD equipment
- Radioactive Chemical Laboratory
- Radioactive materials treatment on the campus
- Structural/Material Strength Laboratory
Structure and Material Strength Laboratory(SMSL) was established in March 1999 and reorganized as the Cooperative Laboratory Center in August 1998 within the body of Pukyong National University.
SMSL is technical field to solve the problems in the area of mechanical properties of materials, durability test technology for components, fracture and fatigue in structures, application of high-performance steel, application of composite structure and fatigue life assessment
A. Major Research Filed
B. Machinery Introduction
- Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Durability Test Technology for Components
- Fracture and Fatigue in Structures
- Fracture and Fatigue Behavior of Components
- Application of High-performance Steel
- Application of Composite Structure
* Actuator System : MTS 4 system (250kN, 500kN)
* Structure Testing System
- Flex Test GT Controller (Test Works 4, FG, BTW, MPT)
- Reaction Wall : 11m × 8m × 2m, Hole 50mm
- Reaction Floor : 10m × 7m × 1.5m, Hole 50mm
* Universal Testing Machine
- Capacity : Nominal dynamic load rating: +/-500kN
- Test space : Columns 1200 mm, Vertical 2500 mm
- T-Slot Table : 1600mm x 3500mm x 150mm
- Digital Controller : Flex Test GT( FG, BTW, MPT, TestWorks 4)
- Data Acquisition System : 32Channels(TMR-200)
* Dynamic Material Testing Machine
- Model : Shimadzu Corporation, UH-F100A
- Automatic load control unit, MAX. Load : 1,000kN
- Model : NSTRON, 8821S
- Space between columns : 562mm
- Capacity :100kN
- Series 9, SAX, da/dN
- Physical Property Laboratory
- Measurement of absorbance, transmittance and reflectance ratio
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of fluorescence for organic and inorganic compounds
- Measurement of lifetime
- Measurement of carrier concentration in metals and semiconductors
- Measurement and analysis of dielectric substance
- SEM/XRD Laboratory(Yong Dang)
- Investigation of the sample surfaces(SEM)
- Surface elemental analysis by EDS
- Crystalline analysis(XRD)