Touching Tomorrow atPukyong National University
NEW BEGINNING, NEW INSPIRATION
- Graduate Schools
- Graduate School of Management of Technology
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate Schools of Business
- Graduate Schools of Industry
- Graduate School of International Studies
- Graduate School of Global Fisheries
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY
|Location||Engineering Building #3 in Yongdang Campus|
The mission of PKNU MOT is to foster advanced and specialized experts who can lead innovative and creative Research & Business Development as well as contribute to exploring and realizing business opportunities in regional and global societies.
PKNU has successfully operated Management of Technology Program called ‘GOAL Innovation MOT’, which is oriented towards Green, glOcalization, and regionALization for the years from 2011 to 2015. With experience of the MOT program operations, PKNU establishes Graduate School of Management of Technology with the grants by Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) in Korea in 2016 to produce talented and professional experts. In addition, PKNU MOT raised grant from MOTIE from 2020 to 2025.
PKNU is one of the seven universities that have been chosen by the MOTIE for Graduate School of MOT, and is the unique national university that has been selected due to the acknowledgement of our excellent abilities and experiences.
The vision of PKNU MOT is to produce professionals with the sense of sticking to their industrial fields and in-depth knowledge contributing to realizing knowledge-based and 4th industry revolution. This can be achieved by fostering the capabilities for R&BD commercialization based on fusion and convergence of 4th industry related technologies.
The curriculum of PKNU fundamentally builds upon the engineering domain, but has also been designed to encompass science, society, management and engineering areas. The curriculum consists of four tracks, which include common knowledge, technology strategy & planning, technology start-up & commercialization, and manufacturing & service innovation.
Our faculty members have excellence in advanced theoretical and practical research in MOT and engineering fields as well as professionals for academic-industrial cooperation. They are doing their best to encourage students’ innovative and creative capabilities and to leverage industrial R&BD capabilities with the collaboration of associated institutions and companies.
PKNU MOT organizes and manages a consultative council together with associated institutions including Busan Metropolitan City, Busan Techno Park, Busan innovation institute of industry, science & technology planning, Korea Technology Finance Corporation, Korea marine equipment research institute, Busan venture business association, Pusan IT partners association, and so on as well as cooperative network with local innovative entrepreneurs.
PKNU MOT is striving and will strive to achieving our goal and vision, which foster advanced and specialized experts who can lead innovative and 4th industry technologies R&BD as well as contribute to exploring and realizing business opportunities in regional and global societies.
We all appreciate with your supports and cooperations. We hope you to join in producing next-generation leaders with technology-based management capabilities.
Name / Date of the Establishment
Graduate School of Management of Technology in Pukyong National University / March 1st, 2016.
(48547) 3rd engineering Building, Yongdang Campus, Pukyong National University, Sinseon-ro 365, Nam-Gu, Busan, Republic of Korea.
Courses of Degrees
- The number of students per year: 34 for master degree, 5 for doctor degree
Total number of students: 100
- Minimum required coursework period: 2 years (thesis-based master’s), 2.5 years (project-based master’s), 3 years (doctor’s)
- Minimum required credit: 36 credits (thesis-based master’s), 45credits (project-based master’s), 42credits(doctor’s)
- The title of degree: Master Degree of Management of Technology, Doctor Degree of Management of Technology
- Main 4 tracks (refer to Education section): common, technology planning & acquisition, technology finance and commercialization, and i-MOTION under the following directions.
- Educate and produce on-site MOT specialists who have R&BD commercialization capabilities on the top priority aim, accommodating industrial characteristics of Dong-Nam(south-eastern) region in Korea.
- Achieve two-way and interactive communication through team-teaching, field-friendly seminar, group discussion and industrial-academic projects with faculty members and experts from various disciplines, consequently realizing interdisciplinary education system based on engineering.
- Industrial-academic cooperation program
- Operate industrial-academic cooperation program synchronized with PKNU MOT curriculum
- Perform R&D planning with industrial-academic collaboration
- Provide supporting services and on-site educational programs for resolving technical difficulties in industrial fields
- Provide consulting business for making the foundation for companies’ self-reliance
- The number of professors (planned): 8 (full-time), 14 (adjunct·visiting)
- The number of full-time/adjunct faculty from industries (planned): 2(full-time), 3(adjunct)
- The number of students per year: 34 (master’s), 5 (doctor’s)
- Tuition: 3,500 thousand KRW per semester (2016 spring semester; changeable due to policies)
- Application: Two-times a year (Spring semester in November·December, Autumn semester in June·July; changeable due to schedule)
- Full-time student: 50% of tuition + α (RA/TA Scholarship 1.8million KRW per semester, Expenses for domestic/international internship & conference; changeable due to policies)
- Part-time student: Graded rate of tuition + α (Expenses for conference, seminar and education)
- 24 institutions and enterprises
- Institution: Busan Metropolitan City, Busan Techno Park, Busan innovation institute of industry, science & technology planning, Korea Technology Finance Corporation, Korea marine equipment research institute, Busan venture business association, Pusan IT partners association
- Enterprise: Elscom, Intown, DNDE, Taeshin G&W, Daechang Solution etc.